Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a bad feeling about this

First challenge: Getting it back to Richmond, from Arkansas where Christmas happened. Had to carry it onto the plane, which earned me a lot of comments in the airport. Either people asking my son if he brought it for them, or sympathy from people who understood just what kind of construction project I was in for, or sheer jealousy from fellow Star Wars geek Dads. 

Anyway, as we were packing to come home, I had the thought that maybe I'd get rid of the box and just stash the bags of pieces in my suitcase. I opened the box, and that's when I came face to face with the 261-page, spiral-bound instruction manual, and the sheer magnitude of this thing.

You can see the book in the foreground of this shot, with the Death Star already under construction. That's no moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment